The folks at Engadget managed to snag a brand-spanking new E71 and put it through its paces. Unfortunately, the verdict is really more of an observation than anything: “As for accomplishing what it sets out to do, the E71 manages it all with style, providing a plethora of features in a speedy, beautiful and miniscule device.”
Well, at least there’s lots of pictures.
Engadget reviews the E71.
So I’ve taken the liberty of breaking down the review for you:
- Thinnest QWERTY device around
- “Comfortable to hold and use”
- Better keyboard than the rough E62 predecessor
- Strong set of software included – Maps, Share on Ovi/Flickr, S60 Browser
- “Zippy” load time
- Too many button presses to accomplish tasks
- Smaller screen thanks to smaller device size
- Media playback interface not up to par
- Unsubsidized by AT&T = freakin’ expensive